My phone displays numbers instead of contact names for incoming calls and text - how do I fix?
alexandribill

My phone displays numbers instead of contact names for incoming calls and text - how do I fix?  It used to display the names if there was a contact listed, now it just shows numbers regardless of whether or not the number corresponds to a contact name in the contact list.  Can anyone help?  I googled this problem and lots of folks have experienced it, however there is not a consensus for a resolution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone displays numbers instead of contact names for incoming calls and text - how do I fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alexandribill help is here! Lets get the contacts displaying properly! Fill us in on the details, are your contacts saved as a 10 digit number? Have you tried to delete the contact and re-add? Has the contact name every displayed? Does this happen on every call or with particular numbers? Has there been any recent changes to the device?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My phone displays numbers instead of contact names for incoming calls and text - how do I fix?
lisaz1

Alexandribill, I have been having the exact same issue.  I got a new phone and restored my contacts.  If the # doesn't have the area code first then the name isn't shown.  I just added my husbands area code to my phone and called my phone from his and now his name shows up...Ugh, I have to go through and manually add the area code to all my contacts....

I'd say Verizon needs to rewrite their program to include the area code in the restoring from backup process!

0 Likes