My music won't play with Ios 6 on my 4S
jppmmp01

After I upgraded my phone, my music stopped playing.  It shows I have music in the songs list but when I try and play them it just shuffles the album art rapidly.  When I went to the usage section, it shows No Data in the music block.  I used to listen to it everyday when I was working and now its just a dragging me down at work.  Can someone please help me get my music working again?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My music won't play with Ios 6 on my 4S
gustav7

I have the same problem with my 4s iPhone since i upgraded to iOS 6.  I sent something to Apple but have not heard back yet.  They better get some patch done soon or there are going to be a lot of irate customers.  I loved playing my music library and Pandora and now this upgrade have reduced my expensive Pioneer stereo player to a glorified CD player only.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi community,

I listen to music the majority of the day so I definitely understand where the need is. It sounds like the music files appear to be present but truly aren't. I recommend you manually connect the iPhone to iTunes and select to unsync the music files. Once the files no longer appear on the phone, verify they play through iTunes and run the sync through to re-add to the phone. Test and keep me posted with results.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gustav7

I found out that using my Apple USB cable for my computer with my car

stereo fixed everything. If u are using another cable, try an Apple USB

instead

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM, mariac_vzw

0 Likes
mimi2323

I tried the fix suggested mariac_vzw but it didn't work.  The songs will still not play on my iPhone 4S and also do not play in iTunes.  If I try to play the songs through another media player, I get "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." Yet I'm able to play most songs with iTunes or any other media player.  It's just some random songs that no longer play after the ios 6 upgrade of my iPhone. So far I've found about 40 songs that no longer play - all purchased originally through iTunes. 

I've uninstalled and re-installed iTunes and I've reset the phone to its original setting (which really sucked especially since this action didn't fix the problem). 

Any other ideas on how to fix this? 

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

In a recent conversation with an Apple Tech Support Agent, if the songs were NOT purchased through iTunes, they will be lost in the OS update and you would need to reload them, or you can purchase from Apple an app that will retain the songs. The app costs $35.00.

This may or may not be the issue you are having

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mimi2323!  Lets get that important music back! What format are these songs in? They may need to be reloaded if an iOS update was performed. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mimi2323

Hi AdamE

The songs are .m4a  However, I just noticed that all the files I can't play are 0 bytes while the ones I can play are several megs.  All of these are files I can't play anymore are songs originally purchased through iTunes. It seems the iOS update deleted the data on these files yet kept the folders in the directory??  Is it possible to redownload them from iTunes?  It's the same thing on my computer.  The directory path is there but the actual file is 0 bytes.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You need to reload all of your music that was NOT purchased from iTunes as Apple decided if you did NOT buy your music from them, that they want an extra $35.00 to sell you a program that will allow Non Itunes Purchased Music to survive an IOS update.

Recommendation is to convert all of your .m4a music to .mp3 and load it back on the device as Apples logic does not impact .mp3

0 Likes