My iPhone 4 won't charge. I already cleaned it out, what should I do?
gigiklv

My iPhone 4 was working fine all day and I ran out of charge (happens to everyone). However, I plugged it in to charge and it wont charge or turn on. It shows the symbol of the charger on the screen as a suggestion to charge it even though its already plugged in. I looked up solutions and gently cleaned the port out with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a piece of cloth and tried different chargers but no luck. What should I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4 won't charge. I already cleaned it out, what should I do?
Weth
Legend

Phone is pretty old, it could be the battery is shot. You can get Apple, or even cheaper, a local iPhone fixit place to put in a new battery.

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4 won't charge. I already cleaned it out, what should I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gigiklv,

we want your luck to change. Are you using the provided functioning charger/cable that came with the phone in a known working outlet or connecting it to a wireless device to charge? Did you see any corrosion, liquid damage, or residue in the charging port when you cleaned it out?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes