Missed Calls
jmariah1125

Lately I have been having issues with my iPhone4s where it will say I have missed calls from contacts, however those contacts say I have missed calls from them. This is really inconvenient because I am not calling these people and I am not trying to start conversations with them.

Also, this morning I made outgoing calls that were urgent, none were answered and all were sent to my contact's voicemail at 20 seconds. My contact did NOT receive any missed calls.

I am really confused about what is going on with my phone, if anyone has any idea about what I am talking about or any suggestions on how to help, please let me know. Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Missed Calls
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you clarify if your phone tells you or doesn't tell you that you missed calls?

Your first sentence could be that your iPhone 4s tells you that you have missed calls from contacts, but those contacts say that you *haven't* missed any calls from them.  OR...

It could be that your iPhone doesn't tell you that you have missed calls, but the contacts say that you have.

0 Likes
Ihogan

I have been having similar problems with my phone.  The phone can be right next to me and never rings.  Then it will show

I have missed a call.  This has been a major concern as I have missed important calls I have been expecting.  Spoke with verizon but have no solution to the problem.

0 Likes
jmariah1125

To clarify:

My phone WILL ring. I will not answer, my phone notifies me of a missed call.

I will then a) return the call or b) get a text from that contact who MY phone says called me.

When I talk to that contact, they inform me that THEY did not call me, and THEY also have a "missed call" notification on their phone, but their notification says I called them.

At the end, NEITHER of us has actually called the other. Our phones both ring and register a missed call from the other person, but we did not actually call or even dial each other's number.

This is NOT a case of butt dialing/pocket dialing. This has happened when my phone is sitting flat and not even being used.

0 Likes
jmariah1125

Also: this situation only occurs with contacts who also have iPhones (4, 4s, and 5) and all contacts it has happened with also have Verizon. I am not sure whether this is happening because of the phone itself or the service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jmariah1125

Let's ensure your device is only making and receiving calls you intend to make and receive!

When did this problem begin with your iPhone?  What is your device's current software version: http://vz.to/1dGGiiJ?  When did you last update your device software?  Have you tried deleting and readding the contacts this is happening with?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes