MMS Sending Issue
Splox982

Hello everyone!  Im having trouble sending MMS from my phone 4 on both 3g and wifi.  The sending bar gets all the way till just a little bit is left and then stops, about 5 min later it fails to send. I have tried doing the reset all network settings on the iphone and have had no luck.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS Sending Issue
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Splox982 wrote:

Ill try resizing the photo before sending.

Yes I do have MMS turned on in the settings, I am farely tech savy so I did check the basics :smileyhappy:.

You'd be surprised how many "tech savvy" people realize after the fact that their iPhone settings doesn't automatically have MMS turned on...especially if it wasn't something that any other device they used prior required it. It's not a knock on checking the basics...it's just the first step to making sure your bases are covered because I'm pretty sure if you called Apple CS right now the first thing they would do is ask you to verify that your MMS setting is turned on.

Speaking of which...if you feel you have tried all possible solutions (including checking the Apple Support pages for troubleshooting on MMS issues and also the Apple support forums) have you tried calling Apple? You are still within your 90 days phone support (if you did not opt for AppleCare to extend it) so you could contact them for troubleshooting help. It may honestly be a VZ issue but it doesn't hurt to make sure. As far as resizng your photos...it may help but I will point out that I do not use any non-native photo app and do not resize my photos....and I have no trouble sending MMS or photos in any manner. So I would guess that resizing shouldn't be a must in order to send MMS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you made sure that "MMS Messaging" is turned on in settings?

0 Likes
vmnj

Same problem exactly, spend 2 hours with Verizon on phone did everything activate and deactivate phone settings did not help , found answer searching online VERIZON HAVE LIMIT on how many kb file can be send over network , just to remind you phone has  5mgp camera -big file period . Only solution  for faster upload pictures is to resize file (picture)  I'm using  iRetouch  free app for now , you can  resize picture and save it to addition of the original

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

vmnj wrote:

Same problem exactly, spend 2 hours with Verizon on phone did everything activate and deactivate phone settings did not help , found answer searching online VERIZON HAVE LIMIT on how many kb file can be send over network , just to remind you phone has  5mgp camera -big file period . Only solution  for faster upload pictures is to resize file (picture)  I'm using  iRetouch  free app for now , you can  resize picture and save it to addition of the original

I think the OP's issue is an MMS not sending at all...not the speed or lack of. I have no trouble in either area though...my pics send fine and aren't slow (a few times they have been slower than usual but it's usually during peak hours when traffic is heavy)

0 Likes
Splox982

Yes I do have MMS turned on in the settings, I am farely tech savy so I did check the basics :smileyhappy:.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Splox982 wrote:

You'd be surprised how many "tech savvy" people realize after the fact that their iPhone settings doesn't automatically have MMS turned on...especially if it wasn't something that any other device they used prior required it. It's not a knock on checking the basics...it's just the first step to making sure your bases are covered because I'm pretty sure if you called Apple CS right now the first thing they would do is ask you to verify that your MMS setting is turned on.

Speaking of which...if you feel you have tried all possible solutions (including checking the Apple Support pages for troubleshooting on MMS issues and also the Apple support forums) have you tried calling Apple? You are still within your 90 days phone support (if you did not opt for AppleCare to extend it) so you could contact them for troubleshooting help. It may honestly be a VZ issue but it doesn't hurt to make sure. As far as resizng your photos...it may help but I will point out that I do not use any non-native photo app and do not resize my photos....and I have no trouble sending MMS or photos in any manner. So I would guess that resizing shouldn't be a must in order to send MMS.

0 Likes