Love the iPhone, Verizon is not the same.
yourstrulyewa

My other half purchased an iPhone for me two weeks ago.  I have had zero problems with the iPhone itself and I am very pleased.  No freezing, crashing, dropped calls (unless there is little or no signal) it's really helpful to me and my busy life.

Up until this point I raved about Verizon and I was impressed with their customer service, pleased with employees knowledge of phones, plans, pricing and features.  Ever since this iPhone I have talked to 2 very confused agents over the phone, one aggitated tech and one very confused online chat agent.

I received a voice mail asking me to evaluate my recent experience and that line was unable to complete my call.

I was not made aware that all of my Verizon voicemails would disappear and I am in the middle of a case which requires those voicemails.  While they may be gone, I am not impressed that I was not advised of several details involving this iPhone.

I was very excited that Verizon now has the iPhone so I could stay with their service but now I am not very impressed.

If anyone can direct me to a feedback line, emai or something I would be grateful.

I tried calling customer service and the agent said they did not know of a customer service line and they could not assist me in that matter.  I am confused as to why customer service cannot provide the service they once had.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Love the iPhone, Verizon is not the same.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

yourstrulyewa wrote:

That's awesome!  I have not yet met one person who knew or was told prior to purchasing the phone.  So I see that you are fortunate.

Sorry to say, but the majority of posters on here will tell you that they were aware that voicemails would be lost. If you and your wife never actually researched the iPhone on VZ prior to purchasing (other than talking to a rep) then that may explain why you were not aware, although the VZ stores in my area did tell people when purchasing in store before activating that they would lose their vmails. Unfortunately, it does seem that a lot of VZ CS were not sufficiently trained (at least in the beginning) about the iPhone. At any rate, I would like to point out that even with AT&T if someone switches to the iPhone from another phone they lose their vmails (per info I read on their FAQs for the iPhone and from an AT&T iPhone owner that I know personally...who said she wasn't told by AT&T either that she would lose them). It's unfortunate that you needed those vmails but honestly, if the messages saved on anyone's vmail is extremely important they should investigate ways to save them externally from the network anyway. It's like backing up your data on a computer...at any time for any reason something could happen to that data and those important files could be lost if backups aren't done. Something could happen to the vmail system at any time causing people to lose saved vmails and they would still be in the same boat. True, the possibility seems slim on the surface but the risk is still there. Obviously, all of that is pure hindsight, but it is food for thought (for the future) when it comes to any important data anyone wants to keep.

As far as the CS issues...have you tried looking on the website for a corporate address to contact or doing a search to find this info? Usually, contacting Corporate will lead you in the right direction when call center employees seem unable or unwilling to help. A lot of CS for companies work for a contracted company rather than the old process of having an actual call center or CS center directly within the company. That might explain the decline in CS many feel like has occurred.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

yourstrulyewa wrote:

My other half purchased an iPhone for me two weeks ago.  I have had zero problems with the iPhone itself and I am very pleased.  No freezing, crashing, dropped calls (unless there is little or no signal) it's really helpful to me and my busy life.

Up until this point I raved about Verizon and I was impressed with their customer service, pleased with employees knowledge of phones, plans, pricing and features.  Ever since this iPhone I have talked to 2 very confused agents over the phone, one aggitated tech and one very confused online chat agent.

I received a voice mail asking me to evaluate my recent experience and that line was unable to complete my call.

I was not made aware that all of my Verizon voicemails would disappear and I am in the middle of a case which requires those voicemails.  While they may be gone, I am not impressed that I was not advised of several details involving this iPhone. I did not even get or want an iPhone and I knew the VM's on the VZW system would be gone.

I was very excited that Verizon now has the iPhone so I could stay with their service but now I am not very impressed.

If anyone can direct me to a feedback line, emai or something I would be grateful.

I tried calling customer service and the agent said they did not know of a customer service line and they could not assist me in that matter.  I am confused as to why customer service cannot provide the service they once had.

0 Likes
yourstrulyewa

That's awesome!  I have not yet met one person who knew or was told prior to purchasing the phone.  So I see that you are fortunate.

0 Likes
NB911

From the iPhone FAQ's that have been online since before launch date:

Will my existing voice mail transfer over when I activate my iPhone 4?

No, all existing voice mail messages will be lost when transferring over to iPhone 4. Refer to the “iPhone 4-Saving Your Existing Voice Mail” page for more details, and for step-by-step instructions on how to save your existing voice mail.

0 Likes
Overbilling by Verizon - Can't get charge removed - get passed around
parker11

I have been trying for 2 months to get an overcharge of $185.00 removed after using a "phantom phone" for 2 days and was told I would get a full refund.  They removed the number from my billing but not the charges.  The manager at the Redondo Beach, CA store next to Starbucks has not been helpful in the least and appears very "put off" when I show up in person letting him know that what he promised would be removed has not.  He does not call back and does not make himself available to resolve this issue.  I have tried to find out who the district manager is to see if they can help but no one will tell me.  All are covering their heinies but I'm still left with a "double" bill that I am not able to pay.  The error is on their part and no one will fess up to it nor help me.

Anyone out there have a suggestion?  Store Location is:  1753 S. Elena Ave, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Thank You

0 Likes
yourstrulyewa

Bummer this wasn't mentioned when we asked, "Will any of our services change after we activate the iPhone."  Would have saved a lot of trouble.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

If you click on Contact Us up on the top right of the page, it will give you many phone numbers to call.

As far as Voicemails being deleted, that was a well known and well advertised issue with the iPhone 4. Verizon advised people purchasing the iPhone 4 to save voicemails from their old phone before activating the iPhone 4.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

yourstrulyewa wrote:

Sorry to say, but the majority of posters on here will tell you that they were aware that voicemails would be lost. If you and your wife never actually researched the iPhone on VZ prior to purchasing (other than talking to a rep) then that may explain why you were not aware, although the VZ stores in my area did tell people when purchasing in store before activating that they would lose their vmails. Unfortunately, it does seem that a lot of VZ CS were not sufficiently trained (at least in the beginning) about the iPhone. At any rate, I would like to point out that even with AT&T if someone switches to the iPhone from another phone they lose their vmails (per info I read on their FAQs for the iPhone and from an AT&T iPhone owner that I know personally...who said she wasn't told by AT&T either that she would lose them). It's unfortunate that you needed those vmails but honestly, if the messages saved on anyone's vmail is extremely important they should investigate ways to save them externally from the network anyway. It's like backing up your data on a computer...at any time for any reason something could happen to that data and those important files could be lost if backups aren't done. Something could happen to the vmail system at any time causing people to lose saved vmails and they would still be in the same boat. True, the possibility seems slim on the surface but the risk is still there. Obviously, all of that is pure hindsight, but it is food for thought (for the future) when it comes to any important data anyone wants to keep.

As far as the CS issues...have you tried looking on the website for a corporate address to contact or doing a search to find this info? Usually, contacting Corporate will lead you in the right direction when call center employees seem unable or unwilling to help. A lot of CS for companies work for a contracted company rather than the old process of having an actual call center or CS center directly within the company. That might explain the decline in CS many feel like has occurred.

0 Likes
yourstrulyewa

Thank you kae I will try that.  I appreciate your input! 

0 Likes
Re: Overbilling by Verizon - Can't get charge removed - get passed around
budone
Legend

parker11 wrote:

I have been trying for 2 months to get an overcharge of $185.00 removed after using a "phantom phone" for 2 days and was told I would get a full refund.  They removed the number from my billing but not the charges.  The manager at the Redondo Beach, CA store next to Starbucks has not been helpful in the least and appears very "put off" when I show up in person letting him know that what he promised would be removed has not.  He does not call back and does not make himself available to resolve this issue.  I have tried to find out who the district manager is to see if they can help but no one will tell me.  All are covering their heinies but I'm still left with a "double" bill that I am not able to pay.  The error is on their part and no one will fess up to it nor help me.

Anyone out there have a suggestion?  Store Location is:  1753 S. Elena Ave, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Thank You

FYI the store you went to is NOT a Verizon Wireless Corporate store. The name is 4G Wireless. You need to really work with the store with this issue. I doubt there is a district manager for the area.

0 Likes