Lost iPhone
SMWinter

Okay so my phone is in my yard (woods) on silent BUT has a full battery.... No I didn't have the iPhone tracking app. Is there a way I can somehow turn my volume on or track it???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lost iPhone
B33
Legend

Try this scroll down to find my iPhone:.. http://www.apple.com/iphone/icloud/

Or click here... Learn more about Find My iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SMWinter,

Oh No! I am sorry to hear that you lost your iPhone. I do apologize there is not way to track your phone unless you had the Find My iPhone feature enabled. Do you have insurance on your device? If so, you can file a claim at www.phoneclaim.com I hope you find your phone.

Bobby_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

The app doesn't need to be installed on the phone you wish to track, the tracking portion is built into iOS

The app is used to find other iDevices registered and set up under your Apple ID, for example, if you had an iPad and an iPhone, and you lost your iPad, you would install the app on your iPhone and use it to find your iPad, likewise, say you lost the iPhone, you would install the app on your iPad and use it to find your iPhone, if you have another iDevice, you can go this route

If you don't have another iDevice under the same Apple ID, you can also go to www.icloud.com on any computer or device with a web browser, log in using your Apple ID and password, and select "Find my IPhone", it will then bring up a map with the GPS location of your iPhone

Also, using Find my iPhone, you can select to send a sound so you can listen for it's location, even if you have ring/notification sound settings turned down or off

0 Likes