LED Flash Alerts not working
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was so excited to see addition of LED Flash alerts with ios 5 upgrade. Only problem is it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LED Flash Alerts not working
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think this is only for the 4s. I dont think the 4 even has an LED light to flash.
0 Likes
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2
The iPhone 4 and the 4s both utilize the camera flash for this feature. It's supposed to work on both phones but my iphone4 isn't working.
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

The iPhone 4 does in fact have a LED flash (it's the little dot on the back of the phone, right next to the camera aperture.)  And yes this feature is available with iOS 5 and the iPhone 4.  But it's a little out of the way to utilize it.  Go to settings/general/accessibility and scroll on down.  You can enable it there "LED Flash for Alerts".  Be aware that using this will undoubtedly stress your battery more as the LED flash is power hungry... which is why I'll bet that Apple has it off as the default.  Anyway I don't know if you can tailor this specifically for certain users or not, but have at it...

0 Likes
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes I saw it and know how to turn it on. It doesnt light up when it should. And yes, I have it turned on
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Forgot one little thing... the phone has to locked for this to work.  It won't do it if you've got the home screen open.  I tried it on mine and it works.  Note that I tested it by turning on the silent switch and then pressing the lock button on the phone and then calling it via a different phone.  Good Luck.

0 Likes
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2
Tried it ... Still not working.
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure then what's going on... It might take a call to <shudder> Verizon or maybe a better option would be to give Apple a call (or perhaps a trip to your nearest Apple store) for assistance.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Now if they'd just add the text message delivery reports, I might consider getting an iPhone someday :smileywink:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It does have read reports.  I think if someone has the option on their devices then it would work like a send report >.<

0 Likes