Itunes and music I've already purchased...
Auntieboo

SO I recently upgraded my phone to an Iphone 4s and the guy at verizon told me I had to upgrade to the new ios6 so I did that and the only way I've discovered to get music from my cds and things already on my computer is to subscribe for a year to itunes match... Excuse me? I've already purchased this music why should i have to make another purchase to put it on my phone? My friend who has not made the upgrade to the ios6 has no problems putting her music onto her phone... is there a way to downgrade to the older ios or a different way to put my music on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Itunes and music I've already purchased...
Tidbits
Legend

You don't need iTunes match.  It's just an option Apple is promoting.

Also there is 0 ways to downgrade without voiding your warranty if Apple looks at your baseband and OS version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Auntieboo,

Music makes my world go around, so I can certainly understand the importance of having it on your phone. Even with the IOS 6 software update you should still be able to transfer music from your computer to your device. As long as the music on your computer is successfully save/stored in iTunes, you can still sync it to your phone. Do you get any specific error messages when you attempt to transfer your music now? Or what exactly happens?

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you are referring to music you already owned (CD's, downloads from sources other than the iTunes Store). I'm assuming you are new to the iPhone...if not then I'm not sure what the problem may be. But, if you ARE new to the iPhone and also new to using iTunes then your issue may be that you haven't imported your music files in to iTunes. They need to be in the iTunes library in order for you to add them to your iPhone. This is true regardless of which iOS you have. This is free but depending on how many music files you have it may take some time to get them all in the library. Try looking at the following links to see if they help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1612

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1605

0 Likes