Is this legit or scam?
AveryDragon

I just received an automated phone call from (800) 600-1228 stating to log into my account and receive $193.00. There was no "you've won" or anything like that, just that message than it hung up. thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is this legit or scam?
TuckLive

I just got the same phone call.  The message told me to log into vzw193[.]c0m to redeem $193.00.  It's a scam.  Don't go to that site.

0 Likes
walker967

I just got the same phone call.....

0 Likes
BacchusPlateau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also just got the same call.   With a spoofed caller id.  VERIZON PLEASE FIX THE ABILITY TO SPOOF...you can track calls...just ask the NSA how to do it.   We can land men on the moon, so nobody tell me we can't stop these scams that WE, the users have to pay for in the form of minutes off of our plans.

The spoofed number on my phone was:

800 600 1228

0 Likes
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is a scam. Do not respond.

0 Likes
williamross
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

0 Likes
williamross
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd suggest you report it to http://www.callercenter.com and raise a warning. There could be others out there who have received similar calls.

MilesDubyaEs

Just got a call from  800-600-1228 saying the same deal except they mentioned winning $71 and go to www.71.com or something.

0 Likes
Is this legit or scam?
BacchusPlateau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new one, 18006001228.  Blocked it.   I now see that Verizon charges $5 a month for permanent blocking services.   I wonder if they are sending these out.   It would not surprise me.

0 Likes
muhafidh19

I got the same thing, twice today. I tried to hit the "bomb the sender" button, but then I realized that I don't have one. Stupid Samsung phone. Anyway, the last time I got one of these and actually answered it, it led me to a fake VZW site (something like vzw300.com, which would tell you that you'll get $300). I looked up the address in WHOIS, and it was in Australia. I found the server's fraud address and sent them a fraud alert. Servers need to become convinced that they can't go around handing out domain names that start with "vzw." They're all spoofs. Does anyone else have a "bomb the sender" button? I'd like to get one of those.

0 Likes