Is the charger/sync cord covered under verizon warranty?
saphris25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had some problems, i dont have the money to buy even a cheap one, and my phone has died. i have a kitten who likes to chew on cords, he chewed on this one, but it kept working until a few days ago even after it had been chewed on and been that way for quite some time (about 2 or 3 weeks now), but it just stopped charging the other day (about 5 mins after i plugged it in to charge). I know it's pulling some sort of electricity because the charger still gets hot, even tho the phone isn't being charged, so i guess it ended up not making a connection anymore. (the charger has always gotten hot so hot that if it's in for a full charge from dieing on me, that i can't touch the charger without unplugging the iphone, and waiting for it to cool down, it gets extremely burning hot. but no sparks or anything so i just assume(d) that was/is normal. but that's how i know it's getting some current of electricity because the charger part is still getting warm to the touch, but the phone isn't getting anything on the recieving end.

(another question, i've search a lot, and found answers for this, but all were "no" and a few ended up stating things as facts as to why it was a "no" but their facts weren't facts at all...

can i use my ipod shuffle charge/sync cord to charge my iphone 4? it's the headphone jack one. (and people say the reason it's "no" is because the headphone jack is only a output and not a input... my thoughts are they are wrong because if that was the case, then you couldn't use the mic on the headphones through the headphone jack. The mic is the input, while the headphones are the output. so there is a two way connection of some sort there.. ))

My iphone 4 charger and charge/sync cord are the ones that originally came from the phone back in January 2013 when i got it.

(if i were to try the other charge/sync cord that came from the ipod shuffle, it's the one that orignally came with it, back in 2008-ish . (but i dont want to break my phone in the process. so i'm just trying to find other options and make sure that it wouldn't short it out or kill it in some way (the charger, the charger/sync cord, and/or the phone)).

I have the 1yr warranty, but i've never had to actually use the warranty on this specific phone, so i dont know if this is counted with the phone, since it is the item that came with the phone from verizon. (a few years back, the charger on my motorala phone just stopped recieving charge (there wasn't any explaination as to why, other than it stopped working, and when i took it in, they tested to make sure the phone wasn't the one not recieving the charge, and when it was the charger cord they traded me a refurbished one. (just the cord not the charger that it plugged into (Because it was the cord not working))

thx! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the charger/sync cord covered under verizon warranty?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Okay, I tried really hard to excise out the facts of what exactly you are talking about.  Very difficult to understand.

1. Yes, the charger that came with your iPhone is covered under Apple's 1 year warranty ... but it is only covered for manufacturer's defects.  It's not covered if your "kitten chewed on it" ... if that's what you were saying at the top ... not exactly sure.

2. You need to use a 30 pin cable to charge your iPhone.  You cannot charge it by something that plugs into the headphone jack ... if that's what you were saying is how the other charger works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is the charger/sync cord covered under verizon warranty?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Okay, I tried really hard to excise out the facts of what exactly you are talking about.  Very difficult to understand.

1. Yes, the charger that came with your iPhone is covered under Apple's 1 year warranty ... but it is only covered for manufacturer's defects.  It's not covered if your "kitten chewed on it" ... if that's what you were saying at the top ... not exactly sure.

2. You need to use a 30 pin cable to charge your iPhone.  You cannot charge it by something that plugs into the headphone jack ... if that's what you were saying is how the other charger works.

0 Likes