Is it OK to leave Original Plastic on Back of iPhone with Camera Cut-out?
bgarrant
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just purchased a new Belkin Grip Vue and have read how it can scratch the back of the phone if any debris gets in between the phone and the case.  I was wondering if it is OK to reapply the factory plastic that came on the phone to the backside if I cut-out the camera area?  Will the original film plastic cause any damage to the phone?  I cleaned the plastic with tape so lint has been removed.  I assume it is OK to use it, but wanted to check with some other iPhone users.  On the front I have a commercial screen protector already applied.  I am just wondering about the back of the phone.  Will it hurt the phone in any way to use that original factory plastic?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it OK to leave Original Plastic on Back of iPhone with Camera Cut-out?
Disco63
Contributor - Level 1

As long as you cut the opening for the camera and flash, you can leave it on.  I did.  No sense in spengin $$ for a protector, when it came with one in the box

0 Likes
Erickbernal27

For A Day Maybe, But I Take Off All "Screen Protectors" Off The Phone

Because They Are Meant To Ship The Phone,

They Aren't Meant For Everyday Use, They Are Thick And Tend To Overheat The Phone

Since It Traps Everything In It.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

I left the screen protector on for Ipod touch 3g for almost a year and it worked fine. I didnt leave on this Iphone but I got the Invisible Shield installed on it. Works great!!

0 Likes