Iphone hotspot
EBrika

If the iphone hotspot was free Verizon people would buy the device more then actually are.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone hotspot
brownta0821
Contributor - Level 1
Are you serious! If they gave us the phone and allowed us to use all the minutes and data a month for free, more people would get the phone also. A huge data usage area and for free, don't see that ever happening.
0 Likes
wsl03
Enthusiast - Level 3

EBrika wrote:

If the iphone hotspot was free Verizon people would buy the device more then actually are.

I would imagine more people are not buying the Verizon Iphone as the result of the far more important and relevant reason that the Iphone 4 for Verizon was released right before Verizon kicks off its 4g network for phones. While there is no official info yet on when 4g phones are coming, we already know that you can preorder some, like the HTC Thunderbolt, from stores like Best Buy. Buying an Iphone 4 will lock you into a 1 or (in most cases) a 2 year contract, without the ability to upgrade early anymore. Disregarding the 4g network that is surely coming soon for phones on Verizon, Apple has released a new version of the Iphone every summer for the past several years, IMO it would be foolish to spend all that money on a device that will be old and outdated in just a couple months. The mobile hotspot isn't really all that great in my opinion, and I hardly think that it is a huge contributing factor to why more people aren't upgrading to the Iphone 4.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

I think its more of rumors on Iphone 5 coming in June. Scared to miss out on it if they upgrade now. I personally dont care for a 4G phone till next year as its a new technolgy and with new things come many problems and the fact 4G service is very very limited and will be more costly than 3G. I have the 4G modem in a 4G area and trust me, 4G has a lot of issues, it is still in its trial ages. Apple thinks this way because they will only make a phone for promising and established service not something that will make there phone look bad or have "hicups" in it. They did same thing with 3G and am sure they will with 4G. Watch the mistakes of 4G and learn from it and after all failed will overcome with stability. Watch and see!

On a side not...(Not a apple fanboy, just a fan of marketing strategies) Apple has sold more phones with one carrier on one phone than every android phone on every network that a new one is released every month or 2. Now the facts are it took Android phones over a year to even match what one phone can do and every phone made is compared too. Its all about how you market it and establish reliability. Steve Jobs is not a expert in making things, only a professional marketer.

0 Likes