Iphone connected to home wifi, but not loading pages! Help!
Truenorth360
Enthusiast - Level 1

The past week or so, I have not been able to access the internet on my IPhone 4S. I have tried everything. From calling my internet service provider and having them send a person from their company to look at it, to resetting my phone, clearing everything off of it, and calling apple. All to no avail! I see that people have been having the same problems here and was wondering if anyone has found an answer.

More Info.

I can connect to other wifi networks, example at a cafe

Someone else on an iphone 4s been able to connect to the home wifi network

Have tried all the regular, "resetting network settings" "forgetting the network" and "renewing the lease"

PLEASE HELP! Its driving me crazy!

Labels (1)
Re: Iphone connected to home wifi, but not loading pages! Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Truenorth360,  I apologize for the delayed response as being able to take advantage of your home WiFi network is important to supplement your cellular data plan!  To confirm you stated that everything was erased from the phone was this through a Restore in iTunes?  Have you tried changing the security setting on your router to test WPA, WPA2 or as a open network?  I look forward to your reply so we can work to get you connected at home again!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Truenorth360
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, unfortunatly I have tried all the solutions below, but to no avail. I had one of the comcast internet people over to the house as well, and they could find anything wrong with the wireless, and I have talked to apple, and been worked through the whole resetting, refreshing, and so on and so on. I just dont know what else to do!

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:18:36 -0600

Subject: Re: Iphone connected to home wifi, but not loading pages! Help! - Re: Iphone connected to home wifi, but not loading pages! Help!

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 4S - View the full discussion

Hello Truenorth360,  I apologize for the delayed response as being able to take advantage of your home WiFi network is important to supplement your cellular data plan!  To confirm you stated that everything was erased from the phone was this through a Restore in iTunes?  Have you tried changing the security setting on your router to test WPA, WPA2 or as a open network?  I look forward to your reply so we can work to get you connected at home again!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

>Personal email address removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sbailey4

Hi Truenorth, I may suggest that if you are getting connected to your network but unable to browse any web pages that you edit your DNS settings on your iPhone. If its is set for your routers IP address, change it from your router IP to your ISP's server addresses.   Or even you can try googles  DNS addresses of 8.8.8.8   Hope this helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Truenoth360 - Were you able to get your WiFi connection issue resolved, or is it still ongoing? I'm sure this was tested as well, but did you try changing the broadcasting channels? Try changing it from auto to maybe Ch. 1. just to test it.

Please let us know so we can assist further.

0 Likes
keyliv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Iphone 5 and I have the same issue. And nothing is helping resolve the issue!!!

0 Likes