Iphone 4s activation issue
terramei

I bought a brand new iphone 4s off ebay. Verizon says its a good ESN. The problem is when I turn the phone on it automatically wants to activate on the sellers line. I can't even dial *228 to try and activate it with my number. Is there a way to get it to forget about his line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4s activation issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try activating the phone through your MyVerizon account online where you can add the MEID number of the phone manually to your line. Then when the online system indicates, you can dial *228 to activate the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi terramei!

Lets get this activated for you! Did the steps @Ann154 provide work for you? You definitely can begin the activation on vzw.com/myverizon, then dial *228 SEND to activate. If that does not work for come reason, you can connect to iTunes to completely reset the device. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
terramei

Apparently when you order and upgrade through Apple they pre-programmed it for that number. The only way to unlock the iPhone for use on other lines is to first activate it on the line apple programmed it for. It took some back and forth between apple and Verizon to confirm this.

0 Likes