Iphone 4 white iOS 6 cant send any pics/video in iMessage.. please help!!
rvdkaneka

I have a iPhone 4 16gb  White Verizon not jailbroken. I am unable to send any pictures or videos through iMessage 100% of the time and unable through text message about 50% of the time. Both issues happen whether im connected to WiFi (50Mbps down, 10Mbps up) or using the cell service usually at atleast 3+ bars in my area. i AM able to still receive photos or videos from iMessage and text message. Problem started about 2 weeks before the iOS6 update came out. i have tried everything; restoring the phone back to scratch and trying it as a "new phone" and when that didnt work just restored it back my phone in iTunes. turning iMessage off and on again with a reboot doesn't fix it. turning MMS off and iMessage off with a reboot doesn't fix it. force quitting "Messages" with or without a reboot doesn't fix it. ill try every so often to send pic to see if its working yet but nothing. after trying to send a pic/video im unable to send any sort of message (iMessage text, iMessage pic/video, text message or text message pic/video) until i turn off iMessage and reboot the phone and turn it back on. its really annoying and nothing i have found online will fix the issues. i don't ever really download any new apps and when i do they don't last long on my phone because i delete them. tried looking through the phone and on my iTunes receipts to see what i downloaded around the time that the issues started and deleting those apps doesn't fix the problem either. im at such a loss now and just want it to work... never had any other issues with the phone and i take really good care of it and never dropped it or spilled anything on it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Iphone 4 white iOS 6 cant send any pics/video in iMessage.. please help!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to reset the network connection?  Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 white iOS 6 cant send any pics/video in iMessage.. please help!!
rvdkaneka

yes, ive also tried that forgot to include it. not sure that would make a difference anyways since 90% of the time im connected to my wifi but i could be wrong..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS message attachments won't send over the WiFi network.  Does it work with the 3G connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rvdkaneka

doesnt matter whether im connected to wifi or 3G doesnt work. are you saying that even when using imessage it sends pics/videos through 3G even if im connected to wifi? doesnt sound right to me

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your 3G connection is still turned on in the background while using WiFi, then yes, the MMS message will transfer over the 3G network.

0 Likes
rvdkaneka

let me try in airplane mode while connected to wifi then...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann iMessages uses your data instead of your text.  It doesn't matter wifi, 2G, 3G, 4G.

I know what the problem is.  You are disconnected or the person you are communicating to is disconnected to the iMessage server.  The fall back for it to be delivered is text messages.  So you have to conform to the size restrictions of them which is 1MB.  If anything you are sending is above 1MB it will not be delivered.  Now if both of you are connected to the server there is no size restriction.

0 Likes
rvdkaneka

if one of us is "disconnected" from the imessage server then why can i still send regular messages (not pic or video) to those people in imessage and send and receive the read receipts?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wasn't referring to iMessages, tidbits

0 Likes