Iphone 4 issues since update ios 6.1.1
MadnRutherGlen

I have an Iphone4 that was working perfectly fine until I did that ios 6.1.1 update every since then I have no service at home only on I-95.  My battery life is next to nothing.  If I didnt have WI-FI my phone would be useless all together.  I am able to text & receive texts but I can't make calls and/or receive them.  When it does happen to ring...it immediately drops the call.  I have been to Verizon several times now, they updated the software ios 6.1.2 (newest update) all that did was make the battery life a little better but not much. Took it to the Apple store they did the same thing, nothing changed.  Because my 1yr warranty is up Verizon/Apple wants to be of any assistance.  I am mad as h*&@ because my phone was fine until those stupid updates.  I'm not looking for an upgraded phone, I just want a phone THAT WORKS.  Has anyone else had any issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 issues since update ios 6.1.1
Ferenczy36

Wow, you definitely got it worse than I do. My issue is I can get text messages, but cannot send to any non-iPhones using standard SMS messaging. This caused a huge inconvenience the other night for my wife who sent me a message, but she never recieved my reply. My iPhone actually says I sent the messages with no error, but they never arrive on the other end. Upon testing it with several others, reinstalling the iOS6 update, restarting my iPhone, checking and rechecking the settings for messaging, etc., etc., it still does it. Like you, not very happy at all. Upon checking the Apple support forums, many others are encountering the same issue. One user says he spoke to Apple CS, who told him there is no planned fix in the works, and that he should have ready the terms and conditions closely before updating. If this truly is Apple's response, you can bet that I will be dumping my iPhone and going with a competitor's product instead. It is simply unaaceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 issues since update ios 6.1.1
MadnRutherGlen

Well it turns out, I took my phone back to the Apple Store this past Friday and the tech did a "Factory reset" as a LAST RESORT. If that had not worked, I would have had to purchase another "4" at $149 because I am past my 1yr warrant (go figure).  Anywho, he had saved my info in "Icloud" beforehand, thank goodness. Then he just wiped the phone completely clean as though it was brand new.   He told me NOT to do a backup thru my Itunes that I have on my Laptop because I run the risk on putting whatever affected my phone back on there.  I went thru Itunes via my phone and downloaded on my apps that I previously had.  Everything was still there except my pics and music.  Im good with that..as long as my phone is working.  It actually rings and allows me to make calls (without call fail)!!!

I have to go on my laptop and completely wipe out Itunes that's already on there and download it again.  Whatever that last update (ios 6.1.1)  was EXTREMELY detrimental to my phone so rest assure I wont just be downloading updates just because they are out there. 

0 Likes