Iphone 4 and battery life
carey

My iphone battery drains awfully fast....any suggestions on how to preserve the battery life longer than 1/2 day?  I've noticed if its 100% charged and no use overnight I could have only 97% in the morning...thats with NO use overnight.  Is this normal

Airplane Mode-OFF

WiFi-OFF

Notifications-ON

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 and battery life
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi carey! Battery life of any phone can be impacted by several factors, but the most common are signal availability and applications. All wireless phones are designed to continuously seek and maintain optimal signal. So, if you have less than ideal signal, your phone will struggle to find service. This results in more power demand, and thus greater use of battery. Applications can use power simply by design. Messaging apps (email, text, etc) are seeking incoming messages, social media apps (Twitter, Facebook, etc) are seeking status updates from your contacts. These apps continue to run 24 hours a day, using power all the time. Does this sound like what may be happening with your phone?

0 Likes
carey

Yes, thank you very much!

0 Likes
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

You may already know this, but if you double click on the Home button, it will reveal all of the apps that are currently running. Just press and hold one of them and they will start dancing around with the minus sign next to them, allowing you to close them.

0 Likes