Iphone 4 Question, Need Help ASAP
CourtyWilli

Hello,

I'm having a major issue.

I am currently in the UK (United Kingdom) and thus do not have Verizon service, the only thing I can do on my phone is wifi,

The wifi is not working any longer, I have no access to Google Chrome, nor do I have access to the App Store, it just wont load them.

So I was thinking about doing a factory reset, but if I have to activate the phone I am not going to be able to because I do not have Verizon service.

And my other question is Will I lose Verizon, because I am not in a Verizon zone, if I factory reset?

Quite the quandry, I realize, but maybe someone can help me.

I'm desperate, I really need my phone for my trip home.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 4 Question, Need Help ASAP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CourtyWilli,

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing with your phone’s wi-fi. I know it’s important to have access to Wi-Fi, especially when you’re away from home and I’m happy to help.  You are correct, a factory reset is not suggested while you are away since you would not be able to activate the phone and it would remain on the activations screen until you are back in the U.S. and able to activate with Verizon Wireless. What I do suggest is testing your phone using a different wi-fi connection; once you do that, you can also delete the current wi-fi connection. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Information icon on the right of the network >Forget this Network>Forget.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Question, Need Help ASAP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CourtyWilli,

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing with your phone’s wi-fi. I know it’s important to have access to Wi-Fi, especially when you’re away from home and I’m happy to help.  You are correct, a factory reset is not suggested while you are away since you would not be able to activate the phone and it would remain on the activations screen until you are back in the U.S. and able to activate with Verizon Wireless. What I do suggest is testing your phone using a different wi-fi connection; once you do that, you can also delete the current wi-fi connection. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Information icon on the right of the network >Forget this Network>Forget.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes