Insurance Coverage
Joseph81

Has anyone heard if insurance will be offered on the iphone 4 through Verizon as they do with all other devices?

My only concern about getting the new iphone 4 is if Verizon will offer the option for insurance. From my understanding insurance was available on the iphone 4 with apple through at&t but it was limited to only cover if the phone was defected....not if you dropped the phone and broke the screen, etc. Having the comfort of knowing if something happened to my phone (droid x) that was out of my control and that I could pay the $90 deductible to have it replaced is nice.....rather than paying $600.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance Coverage
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Currently, we are working to provide customers' with the best option to insure their iPhone. At this time, we have not come to a finalized insurance option.

0 Likes
Jazi

kSo9204 wrote:

Currently, we are working to provide customers' with the best option to insure their iPhone. At this time, we have not come to a finalized insurance option.

Kymlyn-Verizon Representative,

When Verizon has determined whether they will or will NOT cover the iPhone and also the type of coverage that will be provided, will this be shared with the Verizon Community and on Home page of the Verizon.com website prior to February 3rd?  That is a critical piece of information for me in considering going with the iPhone.  I've had to replace all of my phones with Verizon and NOT from me dropping the phone or some other negligent act on my part, but from the phone having technical problems and/or issues that could not be resolved.  I would hate to pay a hefty price for a phone, only to have to pay full price to have it replaced.  Which we know it WILL definitely have to be replaced at some point.  I like having the satisfaction of feeling I've got 'some' financial protection, even if its a little bit.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
mattparmely
Contributor - Level 2

i dont understand why not just get the applecare protection plan from Apple? Its 69.00

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC253

0 Likes
Jazi

mattparmely wrote:

i dont understand why not just get the applecare protection plan from Apple? Its 69.00

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC253

Didn't know about that one.  I'm not familiar with Apple at all.  I do have an Apple Nano but I've never had to use anything other than the iTunes to get my songs onto it.  So.....the insurance offered by Apple....it does what exactly?  Is it like Verizon's insurance or better?

0 Likes
odiej34

Because Verizon's insurance covers lost phones and water damage, appplecare does not. This is a deal breaker for me. I sure hope they have the same protection they do for my Droid X.

0 Likes
iphonejunkie3

For existing iPhone owners, there is an app called MobileProtect which provides insurance for a $15 monthly fee.  Mobile Protect is run by Asurion, the same company we've seen here on Verizon.  Not sure how hard it would be to make this app workable for Verizon.

http://www.mymobileprotect.com/

0 Likes
VeriApple

AppleCare most certainly covers damage due to water exposure.  It dies not cover loss or theft however. You must have some part of the original equipment to return. An additional consideration is a company called SquareTrade which covers against anything imaginable - again, I believe as long as you can provide at least a broken fragment, so not against theft or loss. AppleCare covers two incidents, SquareTrade, four.

0 Likes