Re: IPhone 4 Personal Hotspot trouble w WiFi: laptop sees it; but won't connect
wademonkey

As stated above, I'm able to connect to Apple products with no problem.  My work Windows-based laptop can take a half an hour to even display SSID. It will finally connect at that point. However, I can tether via USB & the SSID comes up right away and connects. Once connected I can remove the USB tether and the Hotspot continues to be connect via Wi-Fi.  But once I disconnect Hotspot I will then have to repeat process: USB tether, connect SSID, disconnect tether & use the Wi-Fi. 

Not great solution but it at least works for me.  And not sure it is exactly the issue that others are having here - some of you can see the Hotspot SSID but it won't connect.  But give this a shot and see how it goes for you.

0 Likes
Re: IPhone 4 Personal Hotspot trouble w WiFi: laptop sees it; but won't connect
Skipw

I had simular problems and after reading all the posts I concluded that it might be outdated drivers sa I have an older Sony laptop that I up graded to Win 7 from XP.  I looked for newer drivers for my Intel network adapter and found that Intel would not support my adapter for win 7.  I dug out a Netgear wireless PCMCIA adapter that I bought 3 years ago and downloaded updated softwae from Netgear for win7 .  I then installed as directed and opted for allowing the netgear software to handle the connection and I conneced on the first try and every try thereafter.  I apparently had old hardware and old software.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes