Re: I just got the shipping email from Verizon!
spattergrind
Spoiler
UPS is really funny - I live near San Francisco and my phone went from the LA area, down south to San Diego then to the East Coast KY... Where next? India?

< My thoughts exactly! On the 7th, I ordered a 16GB around 12-12:30am. UPS says it shipped 10/12/11 and that It went from Ontario, CA to San Deigo, then from San Deigo all the way to KY and I live in WA. They could have easily flown it to Seattle and I could have had it delivered today. What the hell is the point of pre ordering anyway? If they have it for me early, why cant they give it to me early like some Verizon customers. Is it because

everybody has to be equal? 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

spattergrind wrote:
Spoiler
UPS is really funny - I live near San Francisco and my phone went from the LA area, down south to San Diego then to the East Coast KY... Where next? India?

< My thoughts exactly! On the 7th, I ordered a 16GB around 12-12:30am. UPS says it shipped 10/12/11 and that It went from Ontario, CA to San Deigo, then from San Deigo all the way to KY and I live in WA. They could have easily flown it to Seattle and I could have had it delivered today. What the hell is the point of pre ordering anyway? If they have it for me early, why cant they give it to me early like some Verizon customers. Is it because

everybody has to be equal? 

I think actually delivery routes you have to blame on the shipping company and your location to whatever regional hub they use. It's pretty random and odd but it usually has nothing to do with Verizon at all once it's put in the shipping chain. It's pretty random that it shipped all the way out KY (from the west coast) but it happens over here all of the time. I can order something from a company that uses a supply warehouse in Atlanta GA and for whatever reason it will go to KY then go to Southern GA before coming to me...making it travel more than triple the miles than if it were shipped straight from the warehouse to me.

0 Likes
jharnisch74

I ordered a 32gb white Iphone 4S in the afternoon on 10/8 and my confirmation email said it would be delieved on 10/21 but like some of you I received an email with a tracking number and it is coming tommorrow. Pretty excited Smiley Happy It will be my first one as I am coming from a Droid Incredible.

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

jharnisch74 wrote:

It will be my first one as I am coming from a Droid Incredible.

We should have a Droid Incredible bonfire this weekend. 

0 Likes
jharnisch74

It was a great phone...at least for me but I want to give Apple a try since everything else I have is Apple.

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

jharnisch74 wrote:

It was a great phone...at least for me but I want to give Apple a try since everything else I have is Apple.

Mine was great until Gingerbread - then it was a piece of junk.

0 Likes
dlim899
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue. I live in Los Angeles area (CA), mine went from Ontario CA (about 40 minutes from LA) to San Diego, CA which is about 2hrs away, then it went to Louisevile, KY...WHAT THE ****? So I called UPS, guess what I was told, all air shipment must be scanned in KY prior to delivery to destination for "security reasons". However. it will be delivered as schedule 10/14. So, from now till end of business day 10/14, they have to fly that unit back to Ontario, CA or LAX or somewhere nearby....

Really efficient.

0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'd like to toss my BB tour in the bonfire, too, please.
0 Likes
sdlaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

dlim899 wrote:

I had the same issue. I live in Los Angeles area (CA), mine went from Ontario CA (about 40 minutes from LA) to San Diego, CA which is about 2hrs away, then it went to Louisevile, KY...WHAT THE ****? So I called UPS, guess what I was told, all air shipment must be scanned in KY prior to delivery to destination for "security reasons". However. it will be delivered as schedule 10/14. So, from now till end of business day 10/14, they have to fly that unit back to Ontario, CA or LAX or somewhere nearby....

Really efficient.

Me Too.  Package was in San Diego and I live in San Diego, then it shipped to KY... **bleep**.  Just because something is next day air doesn't mean it has to ship next day air if it's in the location.   So bizarre.  I get the whole not giving it to us early thing, but shipping to KY instead of holding it is insane.

0 Likes
neo99

I got the same exact thing happen to my iPhone -- here's my tracking info via UPS:

Louisville, KY, United States 10/13/2011 1:13 P.M. Arrival Scan

San Diego, CA, United States 10/13/2011 6:20 A.M. Departure Scan  

10/13/2011 3:33 A.M. Arrival Scan Ontario, CA, United States

10/13/2011 3:00 A.M. Package has shipped and the delivery is being scheduled; check for updates later.  

10/13/2011 2:07 A.M. Departure Scan Ontario, CA, United States

10/12/2011 10:08 P.M. Origin Scan United States

10/12/2011 10:17 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I am literally 25 minutes away from Ontario, CA.

0 Likes