How do I turn my iPhone 4 back on?
carlette

My iPhone turned off and won't turn back on. It's fully charged. It won't connect to my computer when I use my usb. HELP Please!!!   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4 won't turn on
Beatertruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this one:

Press and hold the "power" and "home" button at the same time for 10 seconds and you should see the Apple symbol come back on.  Once it powers back on, go to your home screen and double press the "home" button.  On the bottom you will see a bunch of applications pop up that are still running in the background.  Long press on one of them and they should start jiggling with an "X" in the corner of one of them.  Press the "X" to close the application, this will not uninstall it from the phone, it'll just close it out.  Once you've closed all running applications, power the phone off and then power it back on.  That should be it!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Beatertruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this one:

Press and hold the "power" and "home" button at the same time for 10 seconds and you should see the Apple symbol come back on.  Once it powers back on, go to your home screen and double press the "home" button.  On the bottom you will see a bunch of applications pop up that are still running in the background.  Long press on one of them and they should start jiggling with an "X" in the corner of one of them.  Press the "X" to close the application, this will not uninstall it from the phone, it'll just close it out.  Once you've closed all running applications, power the phone off and then power it back on.  That should be it!

0 Likes
carlette

I've been trying to turn it on by holding both buttons for the past 3 hours. Finally I said forget it then you responded so I tried it one more time & it worked! LOL I guess you have perfect timing!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Beatertruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem!  Glad to hear it worked!

0 Likes
Princ3zz09

when my iphone turns on its froze so i cant do anything

0 Likes
crazymama1964

it worked thanks!!!

0 Likes
janisp1128

i cant get mine to work, any more suggestions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi janisp1128!

I'm so sorry you are still having issues with your iPhone 4 not powering on! The steps provided by Beatertruck seems to be the correct answer for many others (thanks Beatertruck!). Is your iPhone damaged in any way (liquiid or phisical)? Does it charge?
If it's damaged, do you have insurance on it? You can file a claim with the insurance company by going to phoneclaim.com/verizon or by calling 888-881-2622. You can also visit a store location to have a hands-on evaluation vzw.com/storelocator

Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
crazymama1964

I used the helpful tips and it worked thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes