How do I have a main phone and a usable backup device?
marsh465

Hi Guys,

I'm Looking to use one of my old phones as a backup phone

(to take on trips, so if i drop it i still have my main one)

My main phone is an lg g2 (verizon)

and my backup one is an iphone 4s (verizon).

So how would i make the backup phone usable?

Do I just swap the sim card any time i need it?

Any extra steps needed?

Any help would be great...

-Marsh645

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Micro Sim Card Swap...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marsh465,

Having a backup device to fall back on is always a great thing. I can certainly assist you with your inquiry. When switching from a 4G device to a 3G device, your SIM card would need to be removed from the line since the 4s does not require use of a SIM card while in the United States. It's only necesssary to activate the 4s device SIM if traveling outside of the country since it's needed for GSM services to work in non-CDMA countries. You can use the following link to switch between devices:  http://vz.to/1KRa4VF

Hope this helps! Should you have any further questions, please let us know.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Micro Sim Card Swap...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marsh465,

Having a backup device to fall back on is always a great thing. I can certainly assist you with your inquiry. When switching from a 4G device to a 3G device, your SIM card would need to be removed from the line since the 4s does not require use of a SIM card while in the United States. It's only necesssary to activate the 4s device SIM if traveling outside of the country since it's needed for GSM services to work in non-CDMA countries. You can use the following link to switch between devices:  http://vz.to/1KRa4VF

Hope this helps! Should you have any further questions, please let us know.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes