How do I delete an email from my iPhone 4S, but not have the email deleted from the actual email account?
cdubs0921

I just got my iPhone 4S and when I delete my email from the phone, they are also deleted from my email account on the computer.  When I had a Blackberry, there was an option to delete from the phone only or delete from both.  Does anyone know if this is possible with the iPhone and if so,m how I do it?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I delete an email from my iPhone 4S, but not have the email deleted from the actual email account?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure what email you are dealing with but when I go into the setting for mail and choose one of my accounts I can go to the Advanced settings for that account and click on "deleted mailbox". Leave the setting for "On My iPhone" to Trash. Under "On the Server" you can change where the messages go. Default is probably set to "Trash". Change it to "Saved" (if that folder is there) or create a new folder in your email client (access it from a computer and see if you can add a folder. Then check setting on your phone to see if the new folder shows. If so, then have the emails go to that folder. I would think this should work the way that you want. Just test it out and see if that works.

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete an email from my iPhone 4S, but not have the email deleted from the actual email account?
cdubs0921

I have my work email on my phone and it is an Exchange server.  There is no "Advanced" settings for this one.  I suppose I am just SOL.

0 Likes