How do I add a voice mail password to my voice mail number?
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

In order to save data, I have 3G turned off and wireless turned on.  Of course, I don't always have a wireless connection, so if I receive a voicemail, visual voicemail doesn't work.  As a result, I call my voicemail to retrieve the message.

How can I add my voicemail password to the voicemail number?

I would love to do what I did with my previous phone: *86 (or whatever) pp <password>.

Is that possible on iPhone 4s?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding voicemail password to voicemail phone number
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've read on other blogs that some carriers can make that change for customers, but Verizon was never indicated as one of those carriers.

I'll use your work around unless someone from Verizon can help me further.

UPDATE: I did just what you suggested: I set up a contact called "voicemail," and I made the phone number be "*86,<password>#" (where the comma is "pause").  I tried it as if dialing from my contacts list, and then I tried it with Voice Control.  I said, "Call voicemail."  Both worked exactly as I wanted.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

No. It is not possible to edit the preprogrammed number.  It's not "editable" on the iPhone.

You could create a Contact with that number and your password and put it in your Favorites and use that instead

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've read on other blogs that some carriers can make that change for customers, but Verizon was never indicated as one of those carriers.

I'll use your work around unless someone from Verizon can help me further.

UPDATE: I did just what you suggested: I set up a contact called "voicemail," and I made the phone number be "*86,<password>#" (where the comma is "pause").  I tried it as if dialing from my contacts list, and then I tried it with Voice Control.  I said, "Call voicemail."  Both worked exactly as I wanted.  Thank you!

0 Likes