How can I set the number of rings before an incoming call goes to voicemail?
Marite

How can I set my iPhone4 to ring more than 3 times before going to voicemail. I keep missing calls because I can't get to the phone that fast. I read on an Apple blog that this is controlled by the service provider, namely Verizon. Looked all over your site of FAQs and couldn't find the answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I set the number of rings before an incoming call goes to voicemail?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is set by Verizon and can't be changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How can I set the number of rings before an incoming call goes to voicemail?
x-x

I guess I am going to have to find another provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

x-x, I'm sad to hear that you want to leave VZW because of this. The number of rings is standard at 5-6 rings which is approximately 30 seconds. If yours is only ringing 3 times, it may be the ringtone you have selected. Make sure to also reboot your phone often and dial *228 option 2. If still having issues, try calling yourself from another phone to see how many times it rings on that end.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

x-x wrote:

I guess I am going to have to find another provider.

I doubt another carrier can change it either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes