Re: Has anyone had any luck getting a "damaged phone" charge removed?
amyrusso1013
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done alot of research on this. Tons of people have returned their iphones for problems .. told it was under warrenty and got a new one. Then when they received their bill noticed a equipment charge for the phone. All were said to have water damage but when they went to the store all of them were told there was no water damage present. I would advise anyone to take pictures of your phone before sending it out!

0 Likes
keithvw

Amy,  thanks for the reply and confirming what I suspected.  Any way we can discuss this offline?  I'd like to take a look at your research.  Thanks!  Keith

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just Google search it. Just search in the forum, its all there.

By the way your only recourse as I have written in the forum is going to be to file a small claims court case to get your money. The return warehouse is using that no phone in box, water damaged (even when the store seen no water damage)and the photo sent to you is blank or not even your phone.

Just go to court.

amyrusso1013
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes the forums have the info on it and also you can google it. Elector is right about the court thing in all cases no one has received their money back and most refuse to pay it. Some are taking the court route as well . and just like he said if you do get to see the picture they send to you after you talk to them on the phone all have claimed that it wasn't their phone. That they would have clearly have seen the damage on it if it was truely present before sending it out .

Another thing i saw that they all have in common is it is a just a little ;problem they go into the store about. Like a button that stopped working etc. Then they get told no water damage is present and you can still use the warranty . All of the cases have come come back with corrosion/water damage after you send it out.

GOod luck to you 😃

next time i would take pics if you are going to warranty it out .. or ask to use the insurance that you pay for 😃

mr_casey

>Duplicate post deleted for cross posting<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Studiomagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder if anyone has gone to court and tried to fight for compensation for the time spent. I'm fighting for $300 at the moment (same issue as everyone else), but I think my time is worth way more. 

0 Likes