Full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
alexvgreen

I have the exact same issue with my iphone 4s.  I either have all bars or no bars.  Even with full bars, the phone will not make or receive calls or texts, but can receive emails- spotty though.  I am usually showing the circle but will also show 3G with no difference at all in service.  Verizon has already sent me a new iPhone to no avail.  The problem resolved itself for about 5 days (after being broken for 2 weeks!) but then suddenly stopped working yesterday.  I am having this problem in several cities so I know it is not my house or local coverage.  Have tried reprogramming (will not connect to call), resetting, setting up as new phone, etc...

We have opened 3-4 tickets and no one can tell me why my line is having the problem.  My wife's 4s works completely fine even sitting right next to it!

Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem and how you solved it!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only way I was able to resolve the issues we had was to terminate our service after months of aggrevation.

Best of luck!

0 Likes
Re: Full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
valeriev2877

I am experiencing the same issue with my Iphone 4s. I was told that Verizon cannot guarantee service in a home or building. I explained to them I have had Verizon for 2 years and lived in the same home for 9 months. My phone stopped taking incoming and making outgoing calls on the 9th of January and has been in and out of service since. They finally decided that instead of passing the buck and making me fork out 230.00 for a signal booster they would supply me with one. The first order for the signal booster got lost or was never made. I contacted Verizon back and a new order was placed. I am now awaiting that device in hopes it will resolve my signal issues. Much like you have said my signal bars do not indicate I am getting low signal. I walk outside and waaaalaa I can make a call. I am not sure what is going on but it does concern me when my service works great for 9 months and all of the sudden there is an issue with signal.

0 Likes
Re: Full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
jiggawhat

I am having the same problem.  I've had no issues with my phone at work.  starting last week on January 7, I can't connect to 3g.  It's ridiculous and alot of people here are having the same issue.

0 Likes