Email set up in setting but can't send
totlrek

I have a gmail account set up in the setting, but I am unable to send an email nor email a photo out.  Compared my setting with my wife phone all look the same.  Oh I have been able to do this in the past.  I have also deleted the gmail account and set it back up too. 

What happens is when I choose to email a photo it come up with a screen that add account.  I choose Google, put the information in, but it tells me it all read exist.  What do I need to do to fix this.  I appreciate it

Eddie

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email set up in setting but can't send
Not applicable

First off the email stock program does not always work as it should.

I would do this, and it works so much easier. Go to the Apps Store on your iPhone, search for the GMail app, install it.

Then all you need do is enter your correct gmail address (you@gmail.com) substitute "your email log in name for You"

Then enter your password. Enter it exactly make sure if it has upper and lower case letters and numbers that is what you put in.

The GMail app then logs into their email server, and it will get your email or send it. You then go into your iPhone settings under mail, contacts & calendars and click on the GMail account, select Delete. You will not need it with the stand alone app.

Make sure after its installed and functional to set the sound and notification for the GMail to alert you when mail arrives.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Email set up in setting but can't send
Not applicable

First off the email stock program does not always work as it should.

I would do this, and it works so much easier. Go to the Apps Store on your iPhone, search for the GMail app, install it.

Then all you need do is enter your correct gmail address (you@gmail.com) substitute "your email log in name for You"

Then enter your password. Enter it exactly make sure if it has upper and lower case letters and numbers that is what you put in.

The GMail app then logs into their email server, and it will get your email or send it. You then go into your iPhone settings under mail, contacts & calendars and click on the GMail account, select Delete. You will not need it with the stand alone app.

Make sure after its installed and functional to set the sound and notification for the GMail to alert you when mail arrives.

Good Luck

0 Likes