Early Upgrade question
mrsac123

I have been having A LOT of problems with my Motorola Droid. I've already had 3 replacements for this phone. It is constantly freezing, dropping calls in good reception areas, the camera decides when to work, etc. I'm not rough on the phone and haven't been dropping it or anything. It's just a piece of crap. My husband and I purchased these phones in June 2010. When I called to trouble shoot the phone they offered me an Early Upgrade which I'm still elgible for. This was about 3 weeks ago and already I'm having issues with my Droid again. I'm wondering if I can early upgrade my phone to the Iphone4S at the 199,299,399 prices. I would really hate to pay full price. I've been trying desperately to love Verizon but it's very difficult when I've had a crappy phone...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early Upgrade question
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

Verizon will most likely NOT be allowing annual or early upgrades for the iPhone 4S. They did not when the iPhone 4 first came out.

If the early upgrade resulted in an actual change in your eligibility date (and that is reflected in My Account) then you won't have a problem upgrading to the iPhone 4s. This is how my mother was able to upgrade (she was given an early upgrade a few months prior due to issues with her previous phone. Since she didn't really like anything VZ had to offer she waited while she tried to decide which phone she could get. Then the iPhone was announced...once she saw it she liked it and then got it). Getting VZ to let you early upgrade just so you can get the iPhone 4s...more unlikely.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You said they offered you an early upgrade...when you log into My Account does it show you as eligible for an upgrade? If it does then yes, you will be able to upgrade to any phone for the subsidized price. If they only told you that you can upgrade early to a certain phone(s) then that may exclude you from choosing the iPhone 4s. I know in some instances they will offer you only a few phones you can upgrade to when in the situation you are in. More often than not, the options won't include the most popular or the newest devices.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would agree that happened to me they changed the date to upgrade early but they said u couldn't upgrade to iPhone 4 unless I had other upgrades. If its a physical upgrade showing u should be fine.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Verizon will most likely NOT be allowing annual or early upgrades for the iPhone 4S. They did not when the iPhone 4 first came out.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

If the early upgrade resulted in an actual change in your eligibility date (and that is reflected in My Account) then you won't have a problem upgrading to the iPhone 4s. This is how my mother was able to upgrade (she was given an early upgrade a few months prior due to issues with her previous phone. Since she didn't really like anything VZ had to offer she waited while she tried to decide which phone she could get. Then the iPhone was announced...once she saw it she liked it and then got it). Getting VZ to let you early upgrade just so you can get the iPhone 4s...more unlikely.

0 Likes
shimamizu

Does this mean the site below is not accurate when it says you can still get one last early upgrade if you last upgraded before January? 

http://www.phonecan.com/index.php/the-basics-understanding-verizon-upgrade

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i wasn't due for an upgrade till march but when i called CS, the recording said i was eligible for an upgrade to the iphone.

i got the subsidized price but i did have to re-up my contract ... girl at the store said i was eligible because i paid full price for my thunderbolt.

0 Likes