Deleting mail on yahoo...
scb481

When I go to  the mail app and delete messages and then close the app, the messages reappear! The badges come back. I go to delete them again and it happens again! Is anyone else having this problem?? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting mail on yahoo...
Michaelvzn
Contributor - Level 1

is your yahoo a pop3 or imap the reason that i ask is due to the fact that you may not have the ability to officially delete from the device based on settings...which means you have to sign onto the computer or account directly to delete the item.

0 Likes
scb481

Well I have been able to delete emails off my phone before so there should be no issue here. This problem happens off and on. It's like it sometimes doesn't register that I  deleted the emails and they come right back. 

0 Likes
Bilbo22

I have the opposite problem... Maybe we can help each other out. When I delete my yahoo e-mail messages on my phone, I delete them on the server. I would like to be able to delete them on the phone without deleting them on the server. Yahoo is a SMTP type of mail account.

Under settings I don't see the button for turning on or off deleting  on the server as I do on my POP3 hotmail account.

0 Likes
starlis

This has happened to me a few times and I found that I was trying to delete messages before the emails finished loading. Now I let the emails fully load before I delete and I haven't had any more problems.

0 Likes