Delayed notification of voicemail messages
slapshotk

I've had my Iphone 4s for a few weeks. Great reception at home and on the road. My issue is that notification of voicemail messages is consistently delayed.. Today two notifications came in that were over 4 hours after the missed calls. Getting 4 out of 5 bars here at home and receiving/making calls is working fine.. Any thoughts or help??

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed notification of voicemail messages
scope2

Same sort of issue here.    I know people have called (I see them calling me), but can't take their call, so they go to voicemail.   It is sometimes days before I get a notification that a voicemail is there.  

can't check the messages until a notification shows up.

I read on one of these message boards that you can power on/off and the messages will appear.  That seems to work, but doesn't sound like a very good solution.

0 Likes
slapshotk

Wondering if having my Google Voice as my voicemail will allow me to get more timely voice mail notofications???

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

slapshotk wrote:

Wondering if having my Google Voice as my voicemail will allow me to get more timely voice mail notofications???

If you use Google Voice the phone's vm notification system won't work at all. You would get notified via google voice (via email or perhaps a notification from the Google Voice app), but visual voicemail will no longer work on the iPhone.

0 Likes
BrentD

I am having the same issue on my 4S. Today is Thursday and I just received a voicemail that was left LAST FRIDAY. The only reason I got the notification was that it came up when I rebooted my phone for an unrelated reason this morning. This isn't an acceptable behavior of the phone. I don't use Google Voice and I'm a new VZW customer, so it's not a lingering issue from switching to the 4S from another VZW phone as has been suggested in other threads.

0 Likes
sox575
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue and I also have a 4S. Maybe it's some sort of bug? I already set up a new greeting and password when I activated my phone and getting into VM is not problem.

But it's really annoying to think that I might have missed a call and then not receive VM notification. If anyone solves the problem please post it here.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'd love to help out with this voicemail issue. In my experience, there is usually some network element that is out of sync when the device is activated. There is special provisioning that takes place when an iPhone is activated because the voicemail platform is different than any other device.  I recommend a call to tech support if this is happening consistently.  The direct number is 866-892-7957. Tech support should be able to sync the network and billing side together to clear the issue. If not, a trouble ticket can be issued. 

Some general think to try prior to your call: 1) Power device off/on. 2) Dial *228 Call> Option 1. 3) Power cycle device again. 4) Retest.  If the issue is still present, a call to tech support is the next best option so we can ensure proper setup of your iPhone voicemail platform.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport