Data use on a Iphone 4
Hains1976

I have a iphone 4 I just purchased and I have a question about the data I use......How do you know if you are using wifi or not.......My phone has my wifi listed so if I'm home I am not being charged for the data I use, is this correct??? Also if I don't sign out of aol and facebook but is not using it, I am not charged for the data use.........Hope I have made my questions clear, I am new!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data use on a Iphone 4
rcschnoor
Legend

As long as your wifi is turned on and you are within range of a known(i.e. one you have already logged into) wifi network, your phone should default to the wifi signal over the cellular signal and you would not be charged for the data you use. Of course if this wifi signal is coming from a source which uses cellular data(i.e. mobile hotspot, jetpack, etc...) the cellular data from that source would be used.

As to signing out of AOL and Facebook, it depends on the settings you have set in those apps. If the app settings are such that you are receiving "push" notifications, you can be using data when not actually having those apps opened.

0 Likes