DATA OVERAGE WHAT CAUSES THIS?
BettyBoop4437
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know what causes the data overage?   on my account my son's phone is using alot of data suddenly.  What is causing this since he says he is not downloading any thing?   It seems to be in the evening after he is home from work too.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DATA OVERAGE WHAT CAUSES THIS?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us BettyBoop4437. I certainly understand your concerns with seeing data usage in the evenings. What type of things is your son doing on his phone? Does he watch YouTube or Netflix? Is he using Facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat, etc? All of which can take up a lot of data. While we are unable to see what is being done on the device for both privacy and security reason, we can see if and when data sessions start and begin, which is also available on My Verizon. Is he connecting to WiFi when he is at home? WiFi can greatly reduce data usage.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us BettyBoop4437. I certainly understand your concerns with seeing data usage in the evenings. What type of things is your son doing on his phone? Does he watch YouTube or Netflix? Is he using Facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat, etc? All of which can take up a lot of data. While we are unable to see what is being done on the device for both privacy and security reason, we can see if and when data sessions start and begin, which is also available on My Verizon. Is he connecting to WiFi when he is at home? WiFi can greatly reduce data usage.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SFGingerBeerSoda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I rarely use 75% of my data plan and I recently received a notification that I hit 90%. No change in routine. Phone on Wifi the majority of the time. Even today I have cellular data off and my data usage is still going up. Frustrating.

0 Likes