Cost for replacing iPhone 4
tgneely

My iPhone 4 has water damage and will not turn on, charge, connect to computer, etc. It was bought in November of last year and only has the 1 year warranty. Would Verizon be able to replace it, and what would be the cost? Or would it be easier and cheaper to go through Apple?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cost for replacing iPhone 4
AZSALUKI
Legend

I believe apple would be your best bet. Even though it's under warranty, water damage is not covered. However, I've heard that sometimes apple is very accommodating. Verizon will simply tell you it was damaged by water and that there's nothing they can do. Do you have insurance?

spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Water damage isn't covered under manufacturer warranty, the only way you really can replace is is buy buying another phone or going through insurance, you'll have to shell out money one way or another. 

0 Likes
WirelessRocks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to hear your phone was damaged. The Total Equipment Coverage would cover water damage or any damage through Asurion 888-881-2622 or www.phoneclaim.com if you don't have insurance the water damage does void the warranty. Do you have another line you could use to do an alternative upgrade? Or if you don't have insurance or another line you can always consider a certified pre owned. Those wont change your upgrade date and have the same return policy as a 2 year contract priced device as well as are eligible for insurance. Something to consider. Hope this helps.

0 Likes