Connect iphone 4 to wireless home network
don2525

I am trying to connect my iPhone 4 to my wireless home network.  I can see the network but when I select it, it will not connect.  Does anyone have an idea why it will not connect?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connect iphone 4 to wireless home network
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning don2525,

Wi-fi is a wonderful way to supplement data usage on the iPhone 4! Also, you can use Facetime over a wi-fi network and update apps that are greater than 20MB, such as Skype. May I ask what type of security do you have on your home wi-fi network? This is very important as it might be encrypted or hidden. I would recommend checking the settings on your wi-fi network at home. A popular security type and easiest to setup in my opinion is WPA or WPA2. It is believed that WPA is more secure than WEP. Of course, I encourage you to double check the wi-fi security settings on the router for functionality.

Once the wi-fi settings has been verified then retry to connect using your iPhone. For the community members that are unsure as to how to connect to a wi-fi network using your iPhone 4(S) or additional troubleshooting options, I have posted a link for your review.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

don2525, once you have tried the steps above and in the link, please post your findings as it may help another community member. If you need additional assistance then we are certainly available to assist further.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes