Composing Email - Size Limit?
SunShineCA

I configured to use my AOL email account, and it's working great.  I can receive & send emails via the Mail icon on my iPhone 4S.  BUT one annoying thing I noticed is that when I'm composing an email, it seems to have the size limit, almost like SMS text message size limit.  Once it reaches a certain point, it won't let me type anything else.  My husband's Crackberry can compose long email messages without any problems.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Composing Email - Size Limit?
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

What size limit are you hitting?  I have not personally run into this, but maybe I haven't sent an email long enough to trigger a limit.  I really don't think there is a limit, but get back to us here and I can test mine to see.

0 Likes
SunShineCA

I think it's something to do with when I do it over the 3G network instead of WiFi.  My daughter & I were out shopping and that's when I encountered the limit (I can't be sure how many characters, but somewhere around 200?)  Then I came home and I treid to duplicate that since I posted the question, and I couldn't duplicate it.  We have wireless WiFi at home, so I was on that.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I have definitely sent emails longer than 200 characters on 3G.  Could be an email setting.  Can you duplicate it while on 3G?  If so, please report back after you have had a chance to try it.  You can try it at home by turning off wifi on your phone in settings.  Once you test you can turn wifi back on again.

Let us know.

0 Likes