Changing Apple ID
eagleboy33

Since I am not willing to pay extra for MSN, I have changed my e-mail address. I have gone into i-tunes and changed my apple ID. After synching my phone several times, the phone is still searching for my "username@msn.com", password, which no longer exists. I deleted my msn account profile (which has been "off") in my phone settings, and added "verizon.net".

The phone will not let me edit the apple id, what am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing Apple ID
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

/have you gone to settings - store - and then clicked on Apple ID at the bottom of that screen and click Sign Out. Then, sign back in to your iTunes account with the new Apple ID?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

/have you gone to settings - store - and then clicked on Apple ID at the bottom of that screen and click Sign Out. Then, sign back in to your iTunes account with the new Apple ID?

0 Likes
eagleboy33

Thanks for the suggestion. I have signed in and out of i-tunes using my verizon.net ID and password numerous times, no change in phone, still looking for "msn" ID. I do not use i-cloud, could that be issue?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are doing what I suggested via settings on your phone? I'm not sure if using iCloud should have anything to do with it. If all else fails you might have to try restoring your iPhone. Make sure you do a back up via iTunes on your computer before doing so. You can also go to the apple.com/support site to see if any thing is on there that may give better steps for achieving this switch. Since I am replying from my phone I'm not able to check for you right now.

0 Likes
eagleboy33

Thank you. Before re-setting I signed out, and back in and out with new ID, that resolved issue in app store. To fix i-cloud, all I use is "find my i-phone", I used "delete account" and re-registered. Thanks again!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Glad you were able to get everything figured out!

0 Likes