Cellphone Suddenly Died
BluePhantom

My cellphone suddenly died. The battery was nearly fully charged. The phone was not dropped or turned off. I had just used it 10 minutes before the issue.  I am trying to turn it on and am charging it right now.  What is wrong? Anyone have any ideas.

>>Shortened subject line<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My cellphone suddenly died. The battery was nearly fully charged. The phone was not dropped or turned off. I had just used it 10 minutes before the issue. I am trying to turn it on and am charging it right now. What is wrong? Anyone have any ideas.
Weathernut5

The exact same thing happened to my phone yesterday.  I tried everything.  Finally today I tried holding the power button on top of the phone and the wake button on the front of the phone together for several seconds.  My phone did come back on.  It may take several seconds to come on so I hope this helps with your phone.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Cellphone Suddenly Died
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

What kind of phone? Try holding down volume keys and power key for 5 seconds to see if anything comes on.

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you done the upgrade for 7.03? That may be the problem, Mine has just started doing the same thing and if you scroll through some of these post's you will see they are having the same issues..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help ensure your device performs flawlessly after your update Doridoo29! Are you still having difficulties now? Were you able to get the device to power on? Have you tried connecting it to the charger or to a computer via usb?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
BluePhantom

No, my problem has been resolved. I also replaced the phone with an 1Phone 5S and gave the 4S to my daughter. Thanks for the support. It was really appreciated. Merry Christmas.

George

"Once a Blue Angel, Always a Blue Angel"

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great news, BluePhantom! Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Heartfulart

Ever since I upgraded my iphone 4S a month ago my battery has died by noon. I went to the genius bar and they said the battery was fine and they did a total redo of my phone (sorry - not the right word for it) but it still died within a few hours.

Yesterday, after charging my phone overnight, it was down to 20% by noon, then I recharged it to about 80%. My phone died within 2 hours and now I can't turn it on. It's been charging overnight and nothing happens. I'm not eligible for an new phone until March so this is really a pain!

Any ideas? Other than switching to another carrier and a different phone???

0 Likes
Heartfulart

Good news - I just tried holding down the power key and front key and it finally turned on.

I'm sure I'll still be dealing with the battery issues - any suggestion about how to help that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this battery issue resolved at once Heartfulart! My son has an iPhone 4S and he experienced the same battery issue outlined in your post. After several failed troubleshooting steps, we decided to do a hard reset via iTunes, this brings the phone back to original settings as if the phone was brand new. While time consuming, a hard reset has resolved the issue for my son and his battery now last as long as it did with previous software version. Please follow the steps at this link to do a hard reset via iTunes. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes