Can I get alerts to one of my devices when a stolen device is turned on?
gngrbrdgrl27

someone has turned it on 3 days in a row.  ive run the locator, but it does not good while the phone is off.  they only turn it on long enough to get stopped by my password on the phone.  but, data statistics on the phone that it has been turned on, and data cant be sent nor received while the phone is off, ergo they have turned it on.  can the phone be default settinged, jail broken, number changed (but not the actual phone identification number), without knowing my current passcode?  and is there a way I can get an text message to one of the other phones on my account when the phone uses data (ie: is turned on), if for how ever long it is turned on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: so. Im trying to track down a stolen phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gngrbrdgrl27 Its terrible when a phone is lost. I would report the phone as stolen and get yourself another device. Once the phone is placed on the lost/stolen list, it will not be able to be activated. If you would like to check your text messages, you can see the numbers in MyVerizon. If you had Messages+ set up then you could view your messages at: http://vz.to/1rizccU

You do have the ability to send alerts to any phone that you choose on your account. You would sign into MyVerizon and choose Data Alerts. Hope this helps.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gngrbrdgrl27

yes, im quite sure its run out of power by now, so who ever does it will be having to charge it, even momentarily. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iOS 7 or higher has the anti-theft measures that would not prevent the thief from erasing the iPad, but would prevent them from setting it up or using it.

There is also a setting in Find My iPhone that you should activate in any current or future iDevices, "Send Last Location"

Here is a page that lets you know how Find My iPhone anti-theft measures work from the thief's side.

http://www.148apps.com/news/ios-7s-antitheft-activation-lock/

gngrbrdgrl27

alas, it is an iphone 4s ios7 is all I could get.  icloud isnt enabled on the phone, nor is gps. 

really coming back to bite me in the buttocks. 

0 Likes
Re: so.  Im trying to track down a stolen phone.
Weth
Legend

If you don't have it enabled, the thief will be able to wipe and start over as a brand new iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gngrbrdgrl27 Its terrible when a phone is lost. I would report the phone as stolen and get yourself another device. Once the phone is placed on the lost/stolen list, it will not be able to be activated. If you would like to check your text messages, you can see the numbers in MyVerizon. If you had Messages+ set up then you could view your messages at: http://vz.to/1rizccU

You do have the ability to send alerts to any phone that you choose on your account. You would sign into MyVerizon and choose Data Alerts. Hope this helps.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes