Re: Calling or sending someone a text message who has you blocked
Christopher3285
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did ask them.  Like I said....they're either not getting my messages or they're ignoring me. 

Here is what I sent them in a text message:

Hey I know you don't want to talk to me anymore which is cool with me was just wondering what the reasoning was if you don't want to tell me that's alright it's just been bugging me.  Did I do something wrong? 

0 Likes
Candice1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI there, I needed to block someone who is also a Verizon customer. I have an iPhone and he didn't. My friend and I tested this out. She is also a Verizon customer, but no an iPhone user. She blocked my number and when I went to text her, what showed up on my iPhone was a little message that said that the text could not be sent. You will see the message begin to send, then it stops, then you will see the message telling you to tap to re-send, but the message will not send.

0 Likes
Candice1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can also try calling them. If they have blocked your number, you will get a message telling you that the caller has calling restrictions in place that are preventing the completion of your call.

0 Likes
Christopher3285
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's weird because the guy at Verizon told me that there is no way of knowing if this person blocked me or not.  He told me that I won't get any kind of notification letting me know that the person blocked me whether I try calling them or sending them a text message.

0 Likes
Candice1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I have an iPhone and I tested this.... my friend blocked me as she

sat right next to me. I tried to text her with my iPhone 4S and that text

wouldn't go through. It said tap to resend the message and it never

completely went through. I tried to call her and it said that she had

calling restrictions in place that prevented the completion of my call.

Trust me, it works this way if you have an iPhone 4. I can't speak for

other phone models though, but I swear on it with my iPhone! The only way

to find out if these features work is to test them out personally and that

is what I did cause I had to block a psycho guy that I met.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Christopher3285 <

0 Likes
Candice1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try calling the person with your number UNblocked and see what happens.

<Edited for privacy>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Christopher3285
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked the guy at Verizon if there was a way to find out if the person blocked me or not and he said no and that it was confidential.  So you have the iPhone 4S?  Do you think maybe you and I could try it out and test it?  I promise I won't give out your number.  I'm not a psycho.  I just want to find out why this person won't talk to me anymore.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have an iPhone 4s. My mother has an iPhone 4. She does not have the Usage Control feature that you can pay $4.99/month that among other things allows you to block numbers AND block private/restricted numbers so she used the free feature that lets you block (I think) 5 phone numbers so we could test out what happens. When she blocked my number I would get a rapid busy signal when I tried calling. Also, when I send a text message I would get a red exclamation (message failed). I called another friend that is also an iPhone 4s user and VZW customer. He has the Usage Control feature on his account. When he blocked my number instead of the rapid busy tone I heard the recorded message stating that the user has calling restrictions. Texts would fail on my end just as it does on the free blocking available. So even though there is no message that flat out says "This person has blocked you" if any of the above is happening then you have probably been blocked. Sometimes, a failed message is just a failed message due to other problems (server issues for example) OR if someone's phone has been temporarily disconnected it can happen (experienced this with a friend whose phone was temp disconnected). But if your messages are failing and you get the recorded message when calling (or a fast busy signal) then take it as highly probable blocking of your number. Also, if this is the only person that you are having trouble with texting then you can rule out your phone being the issue. Unless something is wrong with their phone then they are blocking or ignoring you. Ultimately, as much as it may be bothering you not to know, you can't force the issue. Your idea of changing your number (although I notice you mention you've done it before and it costs) would border harassment if the person did block you...and all they would do is block you again. At that point you would have accomplished nothing. Give it some time....maybe they will be willing to talk to you in the future. If you happen to run in to each other and the timing is appropriate you can attempt to talk to them in person. If they tell you that they aren't interested in talking then accept that and move on. Otherwise, it does become an issue with you attempting to continue unwanted communication.

0 Likes
Christopher3285
Enthusiast - Level 2

My messages aren't failing.  They're going through.  I think she's just ignoring me.  I had a friend text her for me and she answered.  I know I can't force the issue but you guys don't know the whole story.  I know changing my number probably won't do anything and it would be harassment but you don't go on a date with someone and tease them and flirt with them and then just stop talking to them.  I just want to know what I did.  You mean to tell me she can't talk to me and be friends with me even if she isn't interested?  I don't understand what is wrong with being friends.

0 Likes
Candice1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I forgot about that red exclamation point that also appears when the

message has failed. My first thought was that this was an instance of a

break up and one person blocked the other and yes changing your number to

further test the block feature is borderline stalking. If this a case of a

relationship gone bad, just move on.

0 Likes