Callers can't hear me
Georgedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently I have experienced trouble with the phone acting as if the mute was on as I received or made a call. It doesn't do it all the time and I don't think I am inadvertently hitting the mute button. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Labels (2)
Re: Callers can't hear me
sandbeach13
Enthusiast - Level 2

we are having the same issue, but on a droid maxx. Hope someone can find out why this is happening. Verizon is sending us a replacement refurbished phone. I am afraid they will try to blame it on us...i.e water damage!!! But I know it wasn't damaged by water. she said they can get water from prespiration in your pocket. I don't kknow what to say...another expense!!!

0 Likes
Unhappy_customer_999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  Phone calls out, receives calls, but no one hears from the phone and hangs up.  Any thoughts.  Would think Verizon and Apple would be better than that.  Fortunately, I have only owned the phone for a few weeks; may return it under the 30 day guarantee and cancel it.

sandbeach13
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah...thankfully you are under the 30 day mark. my son's droid was about 65 days so we will only get a refurbished replacement. It sure seems like these newer phones should work longer than just a couple of months. we even had a pretty good protective case on ours!! Good luck with your replacement phone!

0 Likes
stoproundingoffminute
Contributor - Level 1

Return policy is 14 days not 30

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/return-policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased  from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase.  A restocking fee of  $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a  wireless device

sandbeach13
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh...that's even worse!!

0 Likes
stoproundingoffminute
Contributor - Level 1

I know... A lot of people don't know this .. Remember they don't have to  inform you when things get changed

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sandbeach13 wrote:

oh...that's even worse!!

The return policy period has been 14 days since early 2011.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stoproundingoffminute
Contributor - Level 1

This got  Last Updated 01/16/14... what changed? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/return-policy

I know for a fact that people don't go to that or thishttp://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement everyday to see what got changed ...Lawyers write these and for the layman it's overkill.. If I remember right I think there is  talk of a law to make these policies and contracts more understandable for the average person.. Most people who go shopping for a phone don't bring a lawyer with them

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That last revision was to remove the holiday return extended period.

There are threads in the forum discussing the original change in 2011 from 30 to 14 days. Look for those to have the announcement of articles on the change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes