Caller ID
kthornb

Good morning.  I am the new owner of an iphone 4S as well as a new customer of Verizon.  I seem to be having a problem with my caller ID.  All of my contacts are entered with area code followed by the seven digit number.  However, sometimes a contact's name shows up, sometimes it doesn't when they call or text.  Also, sometimes when I call or text someone myself it automatically adds +1 in front of the number, therefore my phone doesn't recognize the number as belonging to a contact.

Please help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Try dialing *228 then press 1.  This seems to help in this scenario.  It is also a good idea to dial *228 and press 2 every 90 days or so to update the PRL on the phone.  This updates towers and roaming capabilities.

0 Likes
kthornb

Thank you.  I dialed *288.  Do I press 1 once the recording begins or before?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Once you are prompted.

0 Likes
kthornb

Hmmmm. There might lie some of the problem.  When I dial *288 I get a recording that says "if I feel like I have received the recording in error pleae try my call again" or something to that effect.  Never any prompt to do anything.

0 Likes
kthornb

You know what JoeNe, I'm so embarrassed. I misread your numbers you gave.  I was dialing *288 and you infact said *228.  My apologies.  I did the *228 and 2 and it worked like a charm!!  Thank you so much for your help.

0 Likes