Bluetooth & wireless issues
businesshog

After the iOS 6.0 update, my iphone 4s will no longer connect to secure wireless networks or Bluetooth.  It does connect fine to non-secure wi-fi.  I've tried resetting my network settings, restarting my phone, and even resetting location & privacy (just in case), but have had no luck.  When trying to connect to secure wireless networks, my phone tells me that the password is incorrect.  When trying to connect to Bluetooth, it tells me that the connection failed and that I need to make sure that the Bluetooth device is turned on and never prompts me for a PIN.  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth & wireless issues
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

Others who updated to ios 6 are having the same problem.  I looked in the Apple Support Forums on Apple's website and one of the iphone users said to do the following:

Go to

- Settings

- General

- Cellular

- Turn Cellular Data off

- Go to WIFI and connect

- Once connected, go back to Cellular and turn back on

If you try this, let us know if it works for you.

0 Likes
danarae

Did not work Smiley Sad

I have tried everything.......

No Wifi or bluetooth

0 Likes
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry it didn't help, danarae.  Here is a link to the Apple Support Forum discussion (one of many) on this topic.  Maybe it will be of some help.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310243

0 Likes
2012HDRKC

Its ok, I called tech support and the lady got it working for me. So the bluetooth turns on now. It's good now. Thanks. Greg

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4S

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

@businesshog,

I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to connect to WiFi. Especially when trying to manage your data allowance. But don't worry because I'm here to help.

Have you had a chance to try the suggestion @B1uebird provided? Go to Settings > General > Cellular > Turn Cellular Data off > Go to WIFI and connect > Once connected, go back to Cellular and turn back on.

If this doesn't help you may need to do a hard reset http://bit.ly/uBfksa.

Try the suggestion and keep me posted.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lschons76

I have tried every fix to get my wireless working again and none have worked.  Has anybody found something that actually works to get the wireless issue fixed?  This is ridiculous that my phone worked fine before ios6 and now it doesn't.  Can anybody help with this?

0 Likes
sara6024

I tried everything Verizon and Apple suggested (short of paying for a new phone).  None of the options worked.  Many people on the Apple forums suggested sticking your phone in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.  I did this as a last attempt, and it did work; however it only fixed my bluetooth and wireless connectivity issues for about 10 minutes before they stopped working again Smiley Sad

0 Likes