Re: Asurion Warranty is a Scam
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is a deductible for EVERY insurance, they are trying to make money too, and it cuts down on the scammers.

0 Likes
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

My mother had a faulty phone and Verizon replaced it free of charge. I used the insurance and they did not have problem with replacing phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

A faulty phone is different from a broken phone. If you use the extended warranty, there is no deductible.

0 Likes
hawkmoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

i completely agree.  I have been paying $10 a month for the last 2 years, adn now they are telling me that it is a $200 deductible...the price that I payed!  when I bought it, i had an extended conversation with the verizon rep about how they would replace it for free...when I expressed skepticism, he said, well, most people wont game the system because it is such a pain to transfer everything over.  Why in the world would I have paid $240 already just so I could pay another $200???

this is not insurance, it is a scam.  anybody with half a brain knows that the "$600 retail cost" is complete BS.  it's not what the phone is worth; it's an illusion they have created to coerce you into signing a contract.  Their cost is, at the highest, the $200 that they charge you when you sign the contract...so assurion buys a crate of phones for $200 each, accepts your premium month after month, and then gets fully compensated if you ever collect.  that's not insurance; that is a scam!

and no doubt they give verizon reps a kickback for selling the policy, so they are incentivized to lie...

verizonmoderator1

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. >

0 Likes