Android to iPhone Tips: Google vs iCloud - Push Notifications and Contact Sync
tr1age

So you were an android user and just switched over to an iPhone. You have gmail and are annoyed that you are not getting instant(push) notifications for your mail? Or perhaps you hate iCloud, and want to sync your contacts on facebook, gmail, your computer, your phone, seamlessly?

Well I too felt your frustration but have found the answers: http://listentotristan.blogspot.com/2011/10/android-to-iphone-tips-google-vs-icloud.html

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android to iPhone Tips: Google vs iCloud - Push Notifications and Contact Sync
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Nice find!

I was an iPhone user, went to Android and now I'm back.  I spent a couple hours last night cleaning up my Mac address book so it would match my Google contacts.  This is a day late, but the calendar and mail push is worth it alone.  Mine is already set up and working great.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Android to iPhone Tips: Google vs iCloud - Push Notifications and Contact Sync
bigflipp

thanks, I don't have my phone yet (not until the 21st) but this is something I was worried about switching from Android. 

0 Likes
HK_USP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did this (unfortunately before I found this thread..it took a while to figure it out).  But this worked great!  Don't bother setting up your accounts under "GMAIL" do everything under "Microsoft Exchange."

0 Likes
tr1age

Very welcome! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tr1age

Small bump for new users :smileyhappy:

0 Likes