All of my contacts are gone from my iphone and from backup asst???
ashrun4fun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Emergency response and need these 450 contacts. What good is back up asst if it drops all of your backed up contacts.  I've been backing them up monthly for years as my phone deleted all of them once before and they weren't backed up.  But this time I had my back...I thought.  My phone froze the other day and I had to reset it...which doesn't usually cause me to lose anything.  Suddenly my text messages all had phone #s by them, and my contacts are empty.  I went to my verizon and it says my contacts are empty as well.  Help please!!

Labels (1)
Re: All of my contacts are gone from my iphone and from backup asst???
Not applicable

Personally I use the icloud to back up my contacts on my iphones and Google back up for my androids. (Wife)

Its much easier and secure and safer to use.

I also once in awhile just print out every contact I have (1700 at last count) this way if they should get lost for any reason I just type them all back in one at a time. Its a real pain. However I have in the past saved them as CSV or another format to a thumb drive or cdrw just in case.

I do the same for my music and photos. I would weather be safe than sorry.

If per chance you have an iTunes or icloud account the contacts may have been auto saved. http://www.icloud.com

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashrun4fun,

Sounds like those contacts are critical. Sorry to hear they vanished like that! Let's see if we can get them restored. Could you tell me which model iPhone you have? Do you know if the contacts had been backed with backup assistant, iCloud or both? If we can locate a backup we can get those contacts restored.

Let me know,

BrianP_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hub26

BrianP_VZW.

Help!!!  I lost all of my contacts after not using the phone for 2 hrs.  HOW CAN THAT Happened. I have an Iphone 4 that updates regularly.  I went to itunes and icloud and don't see them!   I need your help!!!

0 Likes
stevet2121

ashrun4fun,

This may help you quickly... Itunes sometimes makes multiple backups of your phone... To See ALL of them, do the following

For Windows:

1) Since we are working with HIDDEN FILES... You Need to search WINDOWS HELP  to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES"

2) Go To The APPLE BACKUP FOLDER.. On My PC Its Here.. Your Will Be Simular..

C:\Users\StevesLaptop\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup  

3) In Back Up Will Be These Folders with  LONNNG NAMES.. These are your Serial Number Or Device Number of your iPhone...

In iTunes You Maybe ABLE To Do A Restore From Backup & Drop Down The DROP DOWN BOX TO AN OLDER BACKUP to get your contacts...

But 1st I would DRAG THESE FOLDERS TO YOUR DESKTOP FOR SAFETY TO NOT OVERWRITE THEM.

NEXT I WOULD BACK UP YOUR iPHONE AGAIN SO YOU HAVE A RECENT COPY UP TIL TODAYS EVENTS.

DRAG THAT RECENT COPY TO SOMEWHERE SAFE SO YOU CAN GET IT LATER IF NEEDED

Now The Original folders I had you drag to your desktop, Lets Drag Those Back to that BackUp Folder & Try to have iTunes Restore Your iphone back to an Older Backup to get the contacts.. DROP DOWN THE DROP DOWN BUTTON TO SEE IF THERE IS ANOTHER OLDER VERSION AVAILABLE..

If The Above Does Not Work Or You Do Not Have Another Older Backup Under The Drop Down Box,  Your ONLY hope is if you actually have a Computer Backup of your C Drive incase of a harddrive failure & hope these Folders exist somewhere on those backups..

Good Luck

Steve

0 Likes