Re: 4S wifi issues
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its greyed out in the settings area

0 Likes
atdesiato

what do you mean greyed out? I am having the same problem but my wifi just says "unable to connect" every single time

0 Likes
atdesiato

like my wifi works completely fine on my computer, it just wont connect to my phone!!

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

if it is greyed out in the settings area, then you should try to disconnect from it if you can, then try turning wifi off and on again at the top of the screen.

Let us know what steps you've taken and we can help you further. I truly hope this gets fixed for you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gogiant1,

I am sorry to hear your device is not giving you the option to connect to Wifi. I would love to review options regarding the issues you are having with your device. Please private message me so I can review your account fully.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello atdesiato. Sorry to hear you are still continuing to experience connectivity issues with WiFi. Have you tried resetting your network settings? Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Connections? Once that is done, please try placing your phone in Airplane mode for about 15 seconds, then disable that option. Please keep us updated.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still Greyed out

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Wifi isn't something supplied by Verizon Wireless.  Call your internet provider.

0 Likes
stoba

Just so you know, you are not going crazy. I have this same problem.

I've read into this issue and there seems to be a rare hardware issue where the WiFi, Bluetooth, and Personal Hotspot become disabled. Hard reset and updating will not fix it.

Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is get is replaced.

0 Likes
lilstone

I know this is going to sound crazy but my iphone 4S lost bluetooth and wireless capabilities, I found a video on youtube that said to use a hairdryer and hold it on the top ear piece part of the phone until the screen shows that it's about to be overheated and needs to be shut down, immediately turn the phone off wrap in a paper towel and put in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  Somehow this fixes the solder on the antennae.  I laughed but it worked.

0 Likes