4S wifi issues
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for many many years.To say I'm annoyed is putting it mildly. Before I take my families 3 phones and go with another carrier I'll try one last time. I cannot get Wifi on my 4S anymore......I did whatever the boards said to do ( reset this...reset that)....Even went to Apple and they said I'm out of warranty so there is nothing I can do....Verizon mentions something about an Edge plan......I'm not spending another dime. My plan does not end for another 6 months ..I'm not buying the same phone for 200...100..or zero...so for satisfaction I'll go somewhere else.  Anhybody want to give me another option?

Labels (2)
Re: 4S wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely do not want to see you leave the VZW family, Gogiant1. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your 4s. Currently, with your 4s, is your WiFi icon greyed out? Do you have the ability to scan and find available networks, you just cannot connect to one or all? Please share additional details so we may all see what other options may be available. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might want to research your phone model number against your wireless router's model number to see if there is an incompatibility issue. There most likely is none, but at least it would be peace of mind. And just to cover the basics, have you tried turning it off and on again? Turn the phone off and on again http://www.ehow.com/how_7448380_perform-iphone-reboot.html and turn the router off and on again. I know it sounds little, but taking a step back and re doing the simple things can be the best route most times. I would hold out if I were you and wait for the LG G3 to come out and stick with Verizon.

0 Likes
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi is totally greyed out......happened a little over a year of getting the phone.  I should also mention constantly watching my data usage is not acceptable to me anymore

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, Gogiant1! I totally understand the need of connecting to WiFi. Do you have the most current software on your device? Go to settings > about> software version. The software version is 7.1.1 (11D201) If not, connect the device to iTunes to update the software that way. Once updated, this should fix the WiFi issue.

If the software is up to date, please let us know if a restore was done. Also is this happening with more than one device?

Please share additional details so that we can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have the latest software. I do not know anything about a restore being done. This is just happening on my device, the rest of my families iphones are fine

ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you go to wifi in your settings, is the wifi greyed out there? Or is it just greyed out at the top of the screen? Are you able to swipe to turn wifi off and then back on again? - I know you've probably already tried this but, did you turn the phone off and on again?

-One last thing, your router may have a maximum amount of devices it can handle at any given time. If you know how to check the router settings, I'd see if your phone's mac address is one too many or blocked for some reason.

0 Likes
Gogiant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its greyed out.....Its not a router issue

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me know if you want any more help, but I'd need to know where exactly it is greyed out. If it is a phone problem that can't be fixed with a setting then I guess you're out of luck. Here's hoping it gets fixed somehow!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gogiant1 Thanks for the details. If the wifi is greyed out follow these steps for a backup and restore http://vz.to/1iGi4fr

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes